During the current epidemic, we can carry out radiology examinations for any patients experiencing symptoms.
Sincce preventative care is still essential, even during the coronavirus epidemice, we can also provide appointments for mammographies as well.
We have implemented a strict procedure at the clinic in light of the epidemic. You can find more information about this at the link below. More >>
Radiology plays a significant role in diagnostics, and it is used for general screenings only in a few special cases. Most of the time the specialist directing or providing testing or care decides on ultrasound or x-ray tests.
There are two types of examinations belonging to radiology: ultrasound and x-ray tests. The ultrasound exam is a diagnostic procedure that is gentle and puts no strain on the patient, while it can discover internal, endocrine, urological, gynecological, joint and circulatory problems, even before symptoms develop.
In what cases should you turn to a radiologist?
- Breast cancer screening:
- over 30: if there are complaints, if the family history is positive or after giving birth
- between 35 and 40: basic examination
- over 40: every year
- over 65: every two years (or yearly, if the family history is positive or if hormones are being taken)
- Newborn screenings: hips screening (at six weeks), skull ultrasound (can be performed until the age of 6 months, while the fontanel is open), abdominal ultrasound
- Lung screening (chest x-ray): this exam is no longer recommended as a screening test, so we only perform it if it is required by the employer (or other entity).
- Other radiological exams are best done based on a doctor’s recommendation, as a specialist is able to decide whether the given symptoms show it to be necessary, and if so, which imaging test.
Radiologic examinations available in our office:
- Mammography and ultrasound breast exam, which we carry out together in our office, as the two exam s supplement rather than replace each other, allowing us to get the most thorough test result
- Abdominal ultrasound exam (for infants, children and adults): liver, kidneys, pancreas, gallbladder, ovaries, appendix examination
- Blood vessels (neck, limbs) ultrasound exam: exam for diagnosing atherosclerosis, thrombosis.
- Ultrasound exam of the renal artery
- Ultrasound exam of the thyroid
- Ultrasound exam of the testicles
- For newborns: hips, skull and abdominal ultrasound
- X-rays: for infants, children, and adults