Dietetics has an important role not only in health maintenance, but different life situations and illnesses can necessitate an individual diet. During our nutritional counseling we help to create a balanced, varied diet, and also special diets (e.g. diabetes, lactose intolerance, food allergies, celiac disorder, overweight etc.).
When should you go to a nutritional therapist?
- Special diet related to an illness:
- digestive problems (e.g. celiac disorder, IBS)
- metabolic diseases (e.g. diabetes, hyper- or hypoactive thyroid)
- cardiovascular, vascular problems (e.g. high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
- gestational diabetes
- Lifestyle changes
- Overweight: achieving ideal body weight
- Pregnancy: ideal weight gain, gestational diabetes
- Special diet for athletes
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia) - in cooperation with the doctor treating the patient’s disorder
- Children’s eating problems
Our dietician asks for a detailed patient history, then based on individual needs, laboratory results, risk factors and analysis of the nutritional diary, she draws up a diet plan. The next consultation is recommended in 4-6 weeks, when we make new suggestions depending on the changes you experience.