We are able to provide comprehensive online care for consultations, medical advice, discussing test results and writing e-prescriptions. For examinations, we are able to receive patients face-to-face.
We are once again receiving patients for urology screenings.
We have implemented a strict procedure at the clinic in light of the epidemic. You can find more information about this at the link below. More >>
Urology is the specialty dealing with the important detoxifying systems of urine secretion and draining in both men and women (kidneys, renal tubules, urinary bladder, urethra), and exclusively in the case of men, it is the field specializing in diseases of the reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, prostate, seminal vesicles and vas deferens, penis, accessory sexual glands). In our urology office we provide screening tests and provide care for patients with urological complaints.
In what cases should you see a urologist?
- Urology screening after the age of 40 for men
- Bladder pain syndrome
- Disorders of the organs of the urinary tract (kidney, ureter, urethra, bladder, testis, epididymis, seminal vesicles, prostate)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Preputial stenosis
- Frequent and painful urge to urinate, excruciating pain in the bladder, urethra, or vaginal area
- Small amounts of urine, non-continuous stream of urine, urine flows slowly, in a thin stream
- Sudden irresistible urge to urinate
- Lower abdominal pain radiating to the genitals, or pain felt from a feeling of pressure or during urination or sexual intercourse
Tests and treatments available in our office:
- Urological ultrasound: for men, ultrasound exam of the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder and prostate (and if there are complaints, also of the testes and seminal vesicle); for women, ultrasound exam of the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder
- General urinalysis, culture
- Urine culture after prostate massage
- Urine cytology: detection of cancerous cells from urine
- Prostate cancer diagnosis from blood (PSA) and urine (PCA3)
- Cystoscopy (Bladder endoscopy)
- Post-void residual bladder volume (remaining urine) measurement by ultrasound
- PCR tests to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases
- Uroflowmetry: determining the extent of urethral stricture
- Instillation of medication into the bladder
- Same-day urology surgical procedures (e.g. circumcision, preputial stenosis)
- Local bladder medication treatments (interstitial cystitis) – gentle, no-catheter, direct injection method (only in our office, using a new, patented method) for bladder and urethra pain
- Upper urinary tract urodynamic test
- Treatment for painful bladder syndrome
One of the specialties of our office is diagnosing and treating bladder pain syndrome, which is done by our urology specialist, Dr. Sándor Lovász. This disease, known in scientific circles as IC/BPS (Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome) is estimated to affect approximately 20 thousand people in Hungary today, but no exact numbers can be known, as this is an exceptionally underdiagnosed disease. Learn more >>