Method of action of reflexology
The sole of the foot can be considered a micro zone onto which the whole of our bodies can be mapped anatomically. There are thousands of nerve endings on the sole of the foot, while the energy pathways extending throughout our bodies also end here. When energy is able to flow freely through these energy pathways, our organs are in balance and function as they should. If this balance breaks down, a blockage in the flow of energy occurs, which can result in a disruption in the operation of the given organ, and later in illness.
During massage of the soles of the feet, blocked energy is released, initiating and stimulating the body’s self-healing mechanisms and helping create balance between mind, body and soul. Reflexology plays an increasingly significant role in the prevention of illness, long-term maintainence of good health, rehabilitation, and as an alternative treatment supplementary to medical interventions.
Pain relief, stimulation of blood circulation and the lymphatic system, boosting the immune system, benefits to the endocrine (hormonal) system, removal of toxins, and reduction of tension and stress.
Some areas where reflexology can help:
- Maintaining health at an appropriate level, improvement of quality of life, prevention of illness. Revitalisation
- Treatment of insomnia, disturbed sleep
- Allergies: hey fever (prevention and easing of symptoms)
- Stressful lifestyle, tension, exhaustion
- Anxiety stomach, excessive stomach acid, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Treatment of gynecological complaints and fertility issues
- Hormonal disorders
- Boosting of the immune system
Foot massage is not permitted in the event of the following:
- Cancerous diseases
- Heart disease, heart attack
- Acute kidney disease, dialysis
- Stroke, conditions following a stroke, paralysis
- Ectopic pregnancy, high-risk pregnancy
- Deep-vein thrombosis in the lower limbs
- Abnormalities in the lower limbs: open wounds, broken bones, ulcers, fungal infections, erysipelas, eczema, phlebitis, etc.
- Fever-inducing, contagious illnesses
- 3-6 weeks following am operation, as well as during radio- and chemotherapy.
- Mental illness