We are able to provide comprehensive online care for consultations, medical advice, discussing test results and writing e-prescriptions. For examinations, we are able to receive patients face-to-face.
We have implemented a strict procedure at the clinic in light of the epidemic. You can find more information about this at the link below. More >>
Ophthalmology is the medical specialty field dealing with diseases of the eye. The general ophthalmologic screening test consists primarily of diagnosing and treating vision problems, but during that test we also examine the health of the eye.
In what cases should you turn to an ophthalmologist?
- Inflammatory diseases of the eyelid (stye, allergic inflammation)
- Dry eye, infections of various origins (conjunctivitis, iritis, etc.)
- Cataracts, glaucoma, pterygium
- Age related macular degeneration - AMD
- Problems connected with visual acuity
Tests available in our office:
- Visual acuity exam (near, monitor-distance, and far visual acuity)
- Computerized visual acuity determination
- Subjective visual acuity determination
- Measurement/determination of the diopter of any existing eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Stereo test (two-eyed vision test, amblyopia, astigmatism, that is, strabismus screening)
- Tear film exam (tear production, checking tear film breakup time, etc.)
- Fundus oculi exam (biomicroscopic exam of the vitreous, retinal and optic nerve)
- Contact lens check (measurement of existing contact lenses, ruling out complications)
- Color vision exam
- Tear duct flushing
- Exam of the frontmost channels of the eye using a triple mirror
RMC Ophthalmologic screening program: Our Ophthalmologist examines the eye problems and history. The exam continues with a precise determination of visual acuity, which takes place with computerized determination of refraction, then subjective tests. In addition to determining far and near visual acuity, we also pay attention to determining the necessary correction for "monitor-distance”. Following this, the eye surface and the retina are examined.