This natural process affects approximately one million women in Hungary, though a third of these women are fortunate enough not to experience any symptoms. An increasingly larger proportion of women spend around half their lives in a perimenopausal or menopausal state. The internists and gynecologists at RMC take a comprehensive approach to help our patients live a full life during these stages.
The two most significant complications of the menopause are an increased risk of experiencing cardiovascular disease and a higher chance of developing osteoporosis. In many cases, we can help our patients prevent or delay these complications.
The aging process is also associated with increased weight gain, something that has both a range of causes and numerous well-established complications. Identifying the problem and starting treatment in time can help prevent illnesses related to being overweight.
Who is it recommended for?
- For women who are currently going through the change and are experiencing symptoms of the menopause
- For women who are currently going through the change and do not yet have any discomforting symptoms, but would like to prevent common post-menopause illnesses and conditions (cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis)
- If someone is experiencing an early menopause (for women under the age of 40 whose menstruation cycle has become irregular, or experience no bleeding or increased bleeding for an extended period)
What symptoms indicate that you should visit a doctor?
- Typical symptoms: hot flushes, mood swings, bleeding disorders, sleep disturbances, urinary incontinence
- In the event of metabolic disorders and other conditions e.g. high blood pressure, thyroid disease, depression, unexplained weight gain and digestion issues
- In asymptomatic female patients of a menopausal age, prevention of cardiovascular and osteoporosis can help ensure long-term physical and mental wellbeing
How does the program work?
Complex internal medicine examination:
- Medical history, complaints, physical examination
- Blood test
- Questionnaires for the patient
- Assessment on whether a consultation with a dietician is necessary
Other tests and imaging diagnostics
- Bone density assessment
- Carotis ultrasound
Gynecology complex examination:
- Gynecology complex screening (cytology, HPV, pelvic ultrasound)
- Incontinence screening
- Breast cancer risk assessment
Internal medicine check-up
- Evaluation of test results
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Advice regarding lifestyle, programming treatment if deemed necessary to reduce risk
We also provide a further 10% discount on any additional examinations recommended by the doctor (e.g. psychologist, urologist), if the patient takes advantage of the service within one month.
* Prompt payment discount you can enjoy if you use cash, a bank card, a health fund card or a combination of the above to pay for your care.