During the current epidemic, all initial internal medicine consultations will take place online. Based on the initial consultation, the doctor will decide if a face-to-face visit is necessary, and if the patient's condition means that they are able to visit the clinic.
We are once again receiving patients for screening tests.
We can provide coronavirus (Covid-19) testing. We make a house visit wearing level 3 (maximum) personal protective equipment (PPE).
Coronavirus (Covid-19) tests
We carry out two different tests:
- This detects the virus if it is located in the bloodstream and the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract.
- A sample of nasal and throat secretions is taken from the patient to complete the test.
- This test is able to detect the immune system's response to the virus. The immune system first produces IgM-type antibodies and then IgG-type antibodies against the virus – serological tests are based on the detection of these proteins.
- A blood sample is needed to complete the test. The internist will decide whether you can come to the clinic – where the test will take place in a specially designated area – or if we can only take the sample at your home.
The results of the tests should be available 24 hours after the test sample is taken. The patient will be informed via email or telephone.
Internal medicine is concerned with recognizing and treating internal disease throughout the entire body. It is a multifaceted field comprised of several subfields that have specialized from Internal Medicine, such as Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Diabetology, and Cardiology. It’s a good idea to turn to an internist not only when you want to overcome a seasonal illness, but to consider them someone who helps you maintain good health. They oversee personalized preventive screening tests from year to year, help us develop a healthy lifestyle with good advice, and monitor our results and therapies.
When should you turn to an internist?
- With general symptoms, such as fatigue, paleness, weakness, feeling generally unwell
- If you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol
- With acute illnesses or illnesses involving fever or viral symptoms
- Stomach complaints, reflux
- For an individualized screening program and lifestyle program for chronic diseases that have not yet appeared, but of which there is a family history
- For examination of a complex problem (compiling the scheduling of examinations, coordinating, and assembling the examinations)
- General status assessment: annual complex internal medicine screening with lab tests
- Prevention: every 2 years up to age 40, over 40 annually 40 due to the screening program containing specific examinations based on sex and age
- Life management and nutritional advice
- Immunization: prior to travel to non-European countries, prior to seasonal illnesses such as influenza
- Examination prior to surgeries
- Management of serial intravenous treatments
- Minor injuries
Examinations and therapies available in our office:
- Physical examination
- Full lab tests: blood, urine, and stool tests
- Non-stress ECG (Stress ECG tests are conducted by Cardiologists)
- Influenza quick test
- ABPM – 24-hour blood pressure monitoring and evaluation
- Helicobacter pylori test
- Hydrogen breath test
- Serial intravenous treatments, which our patients can receive in out comfortable recliners
- Medical eligibility examinations (driving license, sailing, possession of weapon)
RMC Health maintenance screening packages
We pay special attention to regular screening of our patients’ health, and we believe that prevention is of key importance in health maintenance. For this reason, we have developed our health maintenance program, which contains the necessary screening examinations according to age group and sex and related risk factors. We developed our screening programs based on American guiding principles, which include the highest-standard Internal Medicine consultations and physical examinations, risk assessment and counseling, lab and screening tests as well as health-maintenance and life management counseling.