WHAT DOES THE EXAMINATION CONSIST OF?
Infertility can be primarily linked to either the woman or the man, but always involves them both as a couple, and therefore both are always examined as part of the infertility examination.
Examinations for women
- taking a medical history
- hormone test, ovarian reserve test
- anatomical examination: uterine cavity assessment (ultrasound, sonohysterogram, hysteroscopy), examination of the fallopian tubes (HyCoSy)
- vaginal fluid test
- haematological, immunological, genetic and metabolic tests, as required
- endometrial histological assessment, if warranted
- recurrent miscarriage assessment
Examinations for men
- sperm analysis
- sperm function tests
- hormonal, bacteriological and genetic tests
- andrological examination, as required