Symptoms indicating a visit to a gastroenterologist:
- heartburn, flatulence
- diarrhea, constipation
- bad breath
- permanent loss of appetite
- excessive weight loss
- swallowing problems
- mild or severe abdominal pain, with cramping and stabbing feeling
- black or bloody stool
- fever associated with digestive symptoms
- lump in the abdomen
Services available in our office:
- Physical examinations
- Laboratory tests
- Stool blood test
- Breath tests (lactose, lactulose, fructose)
- Calprotectin test: We determine from blood sample if gastroscopy is indeed necessary. This way we can avoid unnecessary endoscopic examination involving discomfort.
- Endoscopic examinations:
- Gastroscopy: Gastroscopy makes lesions visible in the stomach and the esophagus, duodenum and mucosal lining. We can detect gastric and duodenal ulcers, a variety of tumors and polyps.
- Colonoscopy: It enables us to view the entire length of the colon and rectum, and the surface of the mucosal lining. Colonoscopy is an effective screening method for colorectal cancer prevention and early detection. Based on international standards, we recommend performing the examination every 10 years over the age of 50.
We carry out endoscopic examination under general anesthesia, with the help of our anesthetist, in order to avoid any discomfort.