During the current epidemic, Dr Adrienne Nagy can offer comprehensive services for treating and identifying allergies. We are available online for consultations, the discussion of test results, writing e-prescriptions and medical advice. If you need a face-to-face examination, we are ready to receive patients in the safest possible environment.
We have implemented a strict procedure at the clinic in light of the epidemic. You can find more information about this at the link below. More >>
Nowadays, some form of allergy impacts almost every family. The disease affects the whole body, so the list of symptoms can vary.
In infancy, allergies present with dermatologic and digestive symptoms, such as rashes and diarrhea. Older children tend to have asthma attacks and shortness of breath. Later, hay fever and itchy eyes, nose and mouth can make everyday life difficult.
In adults, allergy may present with misleading signs, as several organs can be affected. Because of this, many seek the opinion of various specialists before finally visiting an allergist.
At an allergy visit we identify the allergens causing symptoms, rule out diseases with symptoms that mimic allergies, and explore the best treatment options.
Our allergist specialist, Dr. Adrienne Nagy, welcomes patients of all ages. At the pediatric allergy visit she sees children as young as infants.
Symptoms which call for evaluation by an allergist:
- Sneezing, stuffy nose, watery eyes, itching of the nose, eyes and palate
- Shortness of breath, breathlessness, wheezing, coughing without a fever
- Exercise, laughter-induced coughing, or coughing after meals
- Respiratory, dermatologic or digestive symptoms after taking medicines or meals
- Eczema, hives, rashes, itching, edema
- Acute allergic reactions to insect stings
- Diarrhea or rashes without a fever
Examinations available in our office:
- Test for airborne and food allergens (skin test, laboratories)
- Celiac test (Biocard rapid test)
- Helicobacter infection screening
- Distinguishing milk protein allergy from lactose intolerance - breath test
- Detecting fructose intolerance - breath test
- Peak flow (asthma screening)
- Spirometry (asthma examination)
We choose the most appropriate treatment based on the results of examinations.