This is one of the newest procedures at our One Day Surgery. Breast augmentation with implants can be a solution for the following:
· Asymmetrical breasts
· Hypoplasia: lack of/underdevelopment of mammary glands
· Atrophy: if the mammary glands atrophy (shrink) following pregnancy, childbirth birth or breastfeeding, of if the glands are unevenly developed or atrophied
· Aplasia: if the breasts fail to develop at all
· Sagging of the breasts following pregnancy or weight gain
· Correction following injury or surgery
These can occur as a result of internal (hormonal causes, genetic factors) or external (trauma, operation, etc.) factors.
The surgery generally lasts 1 to 1.5 hours and takes place under general anesthetic. The operation is carried out using the latest surgical techniques: the smallest incision possible is made, and, once the implants have been inserted, the area is closed using surgical sutures. The small scar left by the operation is barely visible.
The chosen implant is placed under the chest muscle and mammary gland, or partly under the muscle tissue of the mammary gland. Breast surgery and breast implant surgery can take place during the same procedure.
The type of incision made and surgical procedure depends on the breasts of the individual patient.