FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON PCR TESTING
- How much does the test cost?
- PCR test conducted at our clinic: 30,000 forints
- PCR test carried out at an external address, home visit: 32,000 forints
- Further 15,000 forint visit fee charged regardless of how many tests are taken at a single address.
- What options are there for PCR testing?
- Sample taken at our clinic
- Sample taken on premises (within Budapest)
- Sample taken at our external location in District 12
- At what time is the test carried out?
Patients are not permitted to eat, drink, smoke, brush teeth or rinse their mouths 8 hours prior to the sample being taken, so the test is generally scheduled in the morning.
- When can the results be expected?
Generally speaking, we are able to send the results of the test within two working days. However, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of people requesting tests at RMC in recent days. This means that the workload of our laboratory partner has also multiplied. As a result, the laboratory is not always able to meet this deadline, both for regular and urgent cases. Some delays are therefore possible.
- How will I receive the results?
- We send the results out via e-mail. In the event of a positive test, you will be contacted by our internist, who will provide information on further steps to be taken.
- If you require a Hungarian or foreign-language certificate, please indicate this when you book your appointment.
- A printed copy can be collected in person in the event that the test is negative.
- If you request your laboratory results in English, we will charge an additional fee of 3,500 forints.
- How can I book an appointment?
To make an appointment, please write to our main email address of email@example.com or call our reception line on +36 1 392 0505. Our receptionists can schedule appointments for PCR tests conducted at our clinic, and they will forward your request to an assistant if the samples are to be taken at our external location or an address provided.
On the day prior to the test, our assistants will send out information related to the test to the email address you provided when making the appointment.
- When can I visit our clinic in person?
We pre-screen patients arriving at our clinic and they are able to request a test taken on site if the following criteria are met:
- In the past 14 days, you have not experienced coughing, difficulty breathing, fever or high temperature, sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste, confusion of flavours, diarrhea, vomiting or stomach pains.
- In the past 14 days, you have not been around a person who had the above symptoms or was infected with COVID-19.
- You have not provided direct care/treatment to a COVID-19 patient, and have not handled samples from a COVID-19 patient as a laboratory worker without wearing personal protective equipment.You have not been to required by law to quarantine, or have received permission to leave quarantine for a PCR test to be carried out.
- You have not traveled abroad in the last 14 days. If you have but meet all the other conditions, you can book an appointment for a PCR test at our clinic but will be informed of the necessary preparations by our colleagues when you make the appointment.
- From what age can a PCR test be performed?
There is no upper or lower age limit for PCR testing.
- What payment methods are available?
If you can settle in person, we accept cash, card payments, health fund cards or payment through your insurer. In the event that we request that you settle your bill on the day prior to the test, you can do so via bank transfer or our online card payment system. You will receive all the necessary instructions when you are sent the invoice by a member of our team.
- Cancellation of test:
If you wish to cancel your appointment for a test, you can do so free of charge during working hours and at least 6 hours prior to the test. If the cancellation occurs after the invoice has been paid, a member of our finance department will transfer the sum back to you.
- Do you offer serological testing?
We can perform serological tests, but this requires a medical consultation. If you have one, a referral from an outside physician is also sufficient. The cost of the test is 23,500 forints. It can be carried out at our clinic or at an address provided. If agreed with one of our assistants, it is possible to have this combined with the taking of a PCR sample. The results are usually provided after 2 or 3 days.
- Entry into our clinic:
If possible, please arrive for your appointment wearing a mask. Otherwise cover your nose and mouth with a scarf or cloth.
We further request that you arrive for your examination without accompaniment to minimize the risk of infection. Of course, we will make an exception if the patient is still a minor or requires assistance, in which case he or she can be accompanied by one person. Expectant mothers can also be accompanied to their third-trimester examination by one person.